Caring for your Jewelry
Gems are among the most durable of nature’s creations. With a little care, they will stay as beautiful as the day you got them for years. Try and remember these tips:
- The best way to clean your gemstones is in a bowl of water with a few drops of ordinary dish detergent. Using an old toothbrush or other soft brush, scrub gently behind the stone where dust and soap can collect. Then rinse and pat dry with a soft cloth.
- A home ultrasonic cleaner should be used with EXTREME CAUTION. It may damage gems like Emeralds, Tourmaline, Peridot, Pearls, Coral, Lapis Lazuli, Turquoise, and any gem that has many inclusions . When in doubt, don’t use it!
- Remove your jewelry before vigorous activities
- Don’t expose your jewelry to to cleaning products, hair care products, fragrances, and cosmetics. It can damage the gems
- When getting dressed, put your jewelry on last. At the end of the day, take your jewelry off first. Store your jewelry in a cloth-lined box or pouch and keep them away from other jewelry, which might scratch them.